Scott and Brock talk with Sophie Lyon, Director and General Manager of Property Management at Jellis Craig. They talk to Sophie about her journey in the industry, her role at the Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV) as well as the latest in property management like changes in legislation, being a prominent female voice within the industry and explore forward-thinking technology.
Sophie answers the following questions:
- How did it all start?
- Tell us about your experience building rent rolls and offshoring
- What are the benefits of working in a franchise and how do you influence to get progress?
- With your REIV role, has it been easier to get changes through?
- Has the property manager role changed over time?
- How are the changes in legislation impacting property managers?
- Have you changed the structure of your business in line with legislative changes and the pandemic?
- What changes have you seen over the past 18 months during the pandemic?
- What do you think about the gender distribution in real estate?
- Where do you see property management in the future?
- What advice would you give your younger self when you were just starting out?
- LinkedIn: Sophie Lyon, Director and General Manager of Property Management at Jellis Craig
- LinkedIn: Scott Bateman, CEO at Kolmeo
- LinkedIn: Brock Fisher, Head of Strategy at Kolmeo
- LinkedIn: Jellis Craig
- Website: Jellis Craig
- Facebook: Jellis Craig
- Instagram: Jellis Craig
- Twitter: Jellis Craig
- Youtube: Jellis Craig
- Pinterest: Jellis Craig
- Website: Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV)